To make it easier to find the correct person to help with your query please view below the key responsibilities of the National Committee and their contact details:
- To ensure the smooth running of the Coastguard Association and to give advice to all Branches, regarding welfare and financial needs.
- To ensure the committee fulfils the aims set out by the constitution and acts in the interest of its members.
- To liaise closely with all National Committee members, Vice Chairman, Secretary, Treasurer, Almoner, Secretary for Retired Officers, Public Relations Officer and Central Branch Secretary.
Name: Stuart Arundel
Telephone: 01507 358446 / 07963785981 – If Important PLEASE ring as emails are not always answered quickly
Address: Highfield Lodge, Bank End, North Somercotes, Louth, Lincolnshire, LN11 7LJ
- To support the Chairman with the smooth running of the Association and stand in when he is unavailable.
- To ensure the Charity Commissioners are informed of any Committee changes or Trustee changes annually
- To help retired members to retain links with their colleagues.
Name: Terry Bearpark
Telephone: 01964 751435
- Take charge of the funds of the Association, including renewal of the affiliation fees. Receiving all sums of money paid in and paying out such money as is properly authorised by the committee.
- Report the state of the Association finances at committee meetings.
- To receipt any money donated to the Coastguard Association, and to write letters of thanks to those who donate money to the National Charity Account.
Name: Alan Fisher
Telephone: 01754 768 094 (H)
Address: 27 Church Lane, Skegness, PE25 1ED
- To assist the Chairman with the development of the CGA and answer any questions or problems that occur within the CGA.
- Prepare the Agenda for the AGM, after consulting with the Committee and branches; perform such duties as the Committee may from time to time decide.
- To liaise with the web site and ensure that it is kept up to date.
- Monitor the facebook group and ensure it is relevant.
- To produce electronic newsletters for all members.
- To deal with any correspondence as required.
Name: Ann Bell
- To deal with all claims of hardship, poverty, illness which are reported to the CGA and decide if claim is warranted and falls within the charity commission rules.
- The contact for bereaved families, and send condolences on behalf of the Coastguard Association.
- The contact those who require the assistance of the Coastguard Association in the form of grants and loans.
Name: Paul Davig
Central Branch Secretary
- Receive and report to the Committee all applications for membership, the current numbers of members and any other related matters he considers should be brought to the Committees attention
- Name: Joanna Howard
Public Relations / Communications (Co-opted role)
- To develop and maintain a positive image for all CGA communications, products & Services
- To develop and maintain relationships with partners and stakeholders
- To improve communications with existing and potential CGA members & stakeholders
- To promote news of CGA successes
- To manage the CGA website & social media
Name: Kevin Paterson / Matt Cox
Our trustees as to be published on the Charity Commission Web Site are: