King’s Cutters and Smugglers 1700-1855
EBOOK – Chatterton, E. Keble (Edward Keble), 1878-1944
Newport Coastguard 1876
Built right on the smuggling cove to stop the smugglers, they predate nearby Porthenalls which was only built c1900
Sennen Cove Coastguard 1893
Coast Guard Station, Thomas Stone, chief officer & five men
The Coastguard station was closed in 1844 and was moved to Leigh on sea.
The buildings were then taken over by the board of ordnance in 1847.