The Coastguard Association are delighted to welcome you to their web site and hope you can help us celebrate 40 years of the CGA.
The Coastguard Association’s 39th AGM was held on the 19th March 2016 at the National Maritime Operations Centre in Fareham by kind permission of the Chief Coastguard – Keith Oliver.
The event was attended by various representatives from around the UK, including Sir Alan Massey, Chief Executive, Retired and servicing coastguard, Coastwatch, RNLI and Severne Rescue.
We were delighted to have Don attend from the Gideon’s who presented the chair with a commemorative bible and helped us launch the CGA / Gideon bible as part of our 40th year celebrations.
Mark Rodaway, Maritime Operations Commander gave a fascinating insight into the developments in the Coastguard Agency at the National Maritime Operations Centre.
The CGA AGM attendees were then invited to tour the new state of the art training centre and the flight at HMS Daedalus and were shown how HM Coastguard is embracing the future.
The secretary on behalf of the CGA would like to thank everyone for coming and helping make the day so special.
The Coastguard Association are delighted to announce that they have partnered with Gidoen’s UK to launch a special edition Gideon Bible available for all Coastguard and Seafarers around the UK, in their 40th year.
Don Gardner, Trustee Gideons International Zone 8 was delighted to be attended our 40th AGM and present the CGA Chairman with a unique CGA Gideon Bible, and copies to all attendees present.
This Gideon special edition includes the CGA prayer, information on how to contact the CGA and is available through your local Gideon’s branch on request, or direct to Don
We are delighted to have been invited to participate in this project.
A busy weekend ahead for the Coastguard Association, committee & trustees will be getting together from all over the country to celebrate 40 years of the CGA at their AGM – meetings planned with:
- Sir Alan Massey Chief Executive, MCA,
- Keith Oliver, Chief Coastguard,
- the launch of a national partnership – we will share news next week
- and and of course our AGM.
Thank you to the Moelfre Coastguard Rescue Team in Anglesey for theeir kind donation of £200 for the Coastguard Association that they have collected from collection tins in their local area.
The Coastguard Association AGM will be taking place this year at HM Coastguard Maritime Operations Centre at Fareham, please come along and join us.
During the morning there will be:
- A presentation from HM Coastguard about the role of the National Maritime Operations Centre and a chance to view the facilities
- A presentation from Tony Lovering from the Gideon’s with the launch of a new bible supporting the CGA
- A chance to purchase limited edition 40 years of the Coastguard Association badges at a special AGM rate!
- A discussion about last years AGM minutes and dealing with this years AGM business
- An oppotunity to network with other CGA members and Coastguards from around the UK
- Coffee and Danishes!
Afternoon Visit to HM Coastguard new training facilities and the flight!
At 1.30pm we will be meeting at HM Coastguard training centre and dividing into two groups to view the training facilities and the flight! The flight of course will be operational … so the visit may change!
- Please note everyone attending must be prebooked – this is an Operational Centre and everyone attending needs to be authorised on the visitors list.
- All attendees must be booked to attend by the 5th March 2016.
The meeting starts at 10am – you are welcome to arrive from 9.30am.
Please note everyone attending must be prebooked – this is an Operational Centre and everyone attending needs to be authorised on the visitors list.
All attendees must be booked to attend by the 5th March 2016. You can book your free tickets below or visit https://cga-agm2016.eventbrite.co.uk
Registration now closed!